A question about a recipe: Chocolate and Cabernet Sauvignon Italian Cake

I know it's probably obvious but is the "fine sugar" called for in the chocolate and Cabernet cake superfine or just regular sugar?

Third Floor Kitchen


Third F. March 31, 2012
Thanks for your help. Have a great weekend!
Third F. March 31, 2012
Thanks. I just didn't want it to be too sweet since I'm thinking that the volume of a finer sugar might be greater than a regular sugar.
mrslarkin March 31, 2012
Nope, superfine and granulated are pretty equal in volume. If you wanted to, you could stick the granulated in a food processor and whiz it a while to make superfine.

Confectioner's sugar is a totally different animal, though. Just use that for frosting and stuff.
mrslarkin March 31, 2012
Hi mattcooper,

My guess would be superfine sugar. But I think superfine or regular granulated would both work fine, since it's just getting dissolved into the liquid.

good luck!
Recommended by Food52