A question about a recipe: Chocolate and Cabernet Sauvignon Italian Cake

D9be94df 71d5 461a baa7 2e7b680ffe95  food52 02 28 2012 0070

I know it's probably obvious but is the "fine sugar" called for in the chocolate and Cabernet cake superfine or just regular sugar?

asked by Third Floor Kitchen about 6 years ago

Hi mattcooper,

My guess would be superfine sugar. But I think superfine or regular granulated would both work fine, since it's just getting dissolved into the liquid.

good luck!

Third Floor Kitchen

Thanks. I just didn't want it to be too sweet since I'm thinking that the volume of a finer sugar might be greater than a regular sugar.

Nope, superfine and granulated are pretty equal in volume. If you wanted to, you could stick the granulated in a food processor and whiz it a while to make superfine.

Confectioner's sugar is a totally different animal, though. Just use that for frosting and stuff.

Third Floor Kitchen

Mrslarkin,
Thanks for your help. Have a great weekend!
mattcooper