🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Maple Yogurt Pound Cake

594ae545 d1fa 421d a789 64e40a84dea5  042010f 415

Is there anything I can sub for the maple syrup. I'm drawn to this recipe due to the oil/yogurt combo, and while I know the maple lends character to the cake, I don't have it on hand. Would it work to make a brown sugar simple syrup? I'm thinking this could account for the sugar and liquid. I don't have agave or honey on hand either.

asked by ATG117 over 5 years ago

4d625ded d965 42c7 b1ee ec9d7dc7fb4e  profilepic

If I were you, I'd skip this cake and make it when you have maple available. It's the maple that makes the cake.

Wonderful, thanks! I would have hated to be disappointed with the results.

C405edfb eff8 43c8 8d2a 9c901ad00568  ozoz bw january2014

To be honest, honey would work well - if you like honey that is and if the flavour is not over-powering. I say that because I made a lemon-honey-blueberry pound cake this Sunday past and it was heavenly!