I haven't tried it, but I think it could work. Will definitely add a nice flavor. Let us know how it goes!

cookingProf

I have successfully used 3/4 almond flour + 1/4 quinoa flour to replace wheat flour in recipes before.
You might wish to reduce the amount of butter used in this recipe because of the fat content of the almond meal.

beyondcelery

I haven't tried it with this particular recipe, but I've had excellent success with 1/2 cup sweet rice flour, 1/2 cup almond flour, 2 Tbls tapioca starch, to replace 1 cup APF. That's where I'd start if I were converting the recipe to gluten-free. Yes, let us know how it goes!