A question about a recipe: Meyer Lemon Macarons

594f53a4 dd66 4588 92d8 03d7cbdd6e66  033010f 602

I have a question about the ingredient "grams egg whites, aged at room temperature for 24 hours" on the recipe "Meyer Lemon Macarons" from DolcettoConfections. How do i measure grams of egg whites? And do I really let it sit out for 24 hours?

asked by DAVILCHICK over 6 years ago

DAVILCHICK

Thank you so much!! A friend gave us a bag of meyer lemons from her tree so I'm looking for great meyer lemon recipes - this one tops my list. :)

BurgeoningBaker

Egg whites can be sat out for about 30 mins to 1 hour to come to room temp.

Reiney
Reiney

Sarah is a trusted source on General Cooking.

I wouldn't let the egg whites themselves set out for 24 hours, but definitely the eggs (unbroken) are fine overnight.

The idea is that they come to room temp as BurgeoningBaker indicates. This takes a bit longer than an hour, but 24 hours isn't necessary either.

To speed up the process you can take whole, fridge-cold eggs, and sit them in a bowl of faucet-hot water for 15 minutes.

ChefOno

Or 10 seconds in the microwave...