What is better nutella or almond butter?

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer over 6 years ago

Depends on what you like better!

Kind of apple : oranges....almond butter is like peanut butter - generally not notably sweet; nutella is a chocolate-y sweet spread. So what's better depends on your preference and what you're doing with it.

Forgot to say: nutella is made with hazelnuts, so it also depends on which nut strikes your fancy. (And we really need an edit button here!)

Good almond butter is made from almonds and nothing else, so you get all the nutrition of the nuts. The amount of hazelnuts in the nutella is almost negligible, so consider it in the category of jam -- delicious chocolate jam.

TheFritschKitchen

Personally, I love nutella... but the best spread? Biscoff spread, if you can find it! Basically a spreadable cookie, you know, if you're into that kind of thing... :)

http://www.biscoff.com/DirectionsWEB/webcart_category.php?catid=BSPREAD&pcatid=BISCOFF&sourcecode=GOOGLE12&gclid=CNeMt8iSq68CFY0BQAod-1wwaA

Panfusine

ALmond butter any day (assuming its the freshly ground up stuff.. )
Nutella is a commercial product with a generous glop of hydrogenated oils yada yada..added on..

EmilyNunn

Oh my god: no-brainer. Nutella!

ahstone

Tomayto, Tomahto.

ChefOno

Not to quibble but I don't see anything onerous -- nothing *partially* hydrogenated.

"Ingredients: sugar, palm oil, hazelnuts, cocoa, skim milk, reduced minerals whey (milk), lecithin as emulsifier (soy), vanillin."

I think some years ago, during the great trans-fat purge, the product was reformulated.

LE BEC FIN

nutella is disgusting! all sugar, and palm oil not good for you. almond butter is clean and all nut flavor. hazelnut butter with your own added chocolate would be sooo much better than nutella.and a cinch to make. imo of course.