🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Southwestern Quinoa

2b4c9711 9777 4782 bec9 4413d3667ddb  southwestern quinoa

I have a question about the recipe "Southwestern Quinoa" from Fun Fearless Foodie. Any idea of the nutritional breakdown...calories?

asked by mcgrathj over 5 years ago

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

There are several nutritional analysis calculators online. They generally just require you enter the ingredients and the number of servings, and will give you calorie counts, grams fat, etc...

C1aa93d7 c7a4 4560 aa6d 6dca74cc98ca  smokin tokyo

From my MacGourmet Manual;

MacGourmet is proud to use the abbreviated USDA National Nutrient Database for recipe nutrition analysis. Today, the National Nutrient Data Bank is a repository of information for more than 130 nutrients and for over 7,000 foods. It is made available in their
principle database--the USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference (SR)....
Note: Release numbers change as new versions are released.

An advantage of doing it yourself is if you change to a different fruit or flour the nutritional info can be recalculated. But as HLA said there are online ones too. I don't know if you can save that data though.

1dcc7c21 a794 442f 8a5f 1be76ddd7b94  you doodle 2017 02 12t14 57 20z

Yes I can tell you those calorie amounts. Running the numbers through The Food Processor I get about 450 calories per side dish portion and about 900 calories per entree portion. Would any of the other nutrients be useful?