Pre-boil fresh pasta sheets for lasagna?

I'm making lasagna and I have some whole wheat fresh pasta sheets. Do they need to be pre-boiled or can I just layer them as is?

asked by LucyS over 6 years ago

MTMitchell

Layer them as is -- no need to pre-boil them. We make lasagna with fresh pasta a few times a year and always just use it as is. Enjoy your lasagna!

SeaJambon

Agreed. We do the same thing.

LE BEC FIN

When using uncooked pasta sheets,i think all would caution you to use a good amount of wet sauce layered w/ your noodles.

Fresh pasta sheets don't need to be cooked before layering your lasagne. Actually, you don't need to pre-cook dried lasagne noodles, either. Just add an extra dollop of wet sauce, and it bakes up perfectly.