🔕 🔔

how long to bake drumsticks?

I have two on-the-bone chicken drumsticks that have been lounging in buttermilk for the last hour or two. I am planning to dredge them in panko, and bake them on a baking sheet. I have the oven set for 425F--how long should I keep them in the oven?

asked by Cristina Sciarra over 5 years ago

At that temp, probably about 45 minutes. Juices should run clear.

21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

yikes! 45 minutes for DRUMsticks?? you can roast a whole chicken in an hour or so at 425, so i would suggest 20 minutes myself- til the juices run light pink.

16f72ccb 3197 434b a946 8e9e68a3715f  cristina 014 web final

Actually, 45 minutes did the trick. (I guess the drumsticks were pretty big.) After 45 minutes, the panko breading was crispy, and the inside was cooked, but still quite moist.