🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Triple Chocolate Espresso Cookies

B8233a32 6f36 490e 92a1 6373d3c6397d  food52 04 10 12 5616

I have a question about the recipe "Triple Chocolate Espresso Cookies" from flourchild.

Instead of instant espress powder, could we use shots of espresso?

thanks

asked by Siphre over 5 years ago

Espresso shots will add liquid to the batter and likely throw off the texture. I would just leave it out.

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

Or you could sub the espresso shot for the rum. If you do add the espresso along with the rest of the ingredients (and the rum), it will make a looser batter, but as long as you don't add more than a tablespoon or two of espresso, I think you'll be ok. The cookies may spread more but that may also be a good thing! Jenny melted all the chocolate when she made hers and this extra moisture had a good effect on the cookies. Good luck!

Medalia D'oro is a very nice espresso powder to add. I have used it for years and I would recommend it. You can also use an espresso shot as a substitute for the rum.