bread

Would like an easy loaf bread recipe that would allow me to saturate it with finely chopped spinach or creamed spinach .....ala "Spinach bread" .

boulangere April 25, 2012

I'm not sure what you mean by saturating a bread with spinach. Do you want to do that before it's baked or afterwards? If you want a flatbread, focaccia might work well for what you want. Here's a recipe: http://www.food52.com/recipes...
If that isn't what you're looking for, a little more information might help us help you.

susan g April 25, 2012

You can make a simple bread dough, roll it out into a rectangle, and spread it with a filling made with seasoned chopped spinach (not too wet). Then you roll up the dough, put it in a greased bread pan, brush the top with butter, and bake. First rise before rolling it out, 2nd rise in the pan. Use the baking temp and timing of the bread recipe.

petitbleu
petitbleu April 25, 2012

You might even try looking at a cinnamon raisin bread recipe, omit the sugar, and where it tells you to spread the cinnamon mixture on the dough, you'd substitute spinach. Roll up, proof, and bake. Sounds delicious!