A question about a recipe: Curried Kabocha and Kale

27b61f58 54ff 4d55 98d9 c10edbb633ec  curried kale and kabocha

I have a question about the ingredient "galangal" on the recipe "Curried Kabocha and Kale" from edamame2003.
WHAT IS IT GALANGAL?

asked by Katherine's Kitchen over 6 years ago

chez_mere

Galangal is a rhizome and a relative of ginger with a similar flavor, though stronger and more peppery. It can be found dried or fresh and should be prepared like ginger by peeling it and then crushing it or cutting it into strips before cooking.

edamame2003

hi kathy- galangal is similar to ginger. Its has a peppery taste, but substitute with young ginger if you cant find. thanks for trying! eda