soup tastes too garlicy

Making zuppa toscana (olive garden copy). I put in two large minced cloves. Now it tastes too garlicy. Help! Is there a remedy?

asked by Mary AnnJ812 about 6 years ago

Simmer it a bit, should mellow out. Or send it this way, there's never to much garlic for me.

Also, have you added salt? that may tame it too.

Did you fry the garlic in olive oil before you put it in the soup? Raw garlic might taste stronger, but I don't think two cloves would be excessive--at least not for me. You could try adding more broth, tomatoes, etc., to make the soup less concentrated.

Mary AnnJ812

It's been simmering since I wrote the question. I'll go taste test it now! I haven't added salt or pepper yet either. Got my fingers crossed! Thanks so much for your quick response!

Mary AnnJ812

I did saute the garlic, but they were two large cloves! I'm going to serve it tomorrow night. I'm thinking the potatoes, onions and sausage flavors will develop overnight. Thanks all!

How did it come out? I'll bet after an overnight rest and reheating it was great!

ReneePussman

You used cloves and not heads right?