🔕 🔔

Cooking a 30lb turkey at 350. Breasts are at 155 but the thighs are at 130. I lowered the temp to 200 but what else can I do to cook thighs f

Want to even the temp between thighs and breasts

asked by jose fuentes almost 4 years ago

This may sound strange but it is the way I always do my turkey so I don't have overdone breasts and underdone dark meat.

Take the turkey out when the breast reaches 160degrees. Cut off the legs an thighs an put them in a roaster with a little braising liquid an return to the oven to continue to cook for another hous. The breast meat can be covered with foil until the dark meat is ready. The mwhite meat will continue to cook some from the residual heat.