🔕 🔔

I NEED A RECIPE FOR TOMATO AND COURGETTE SOUP

asked by rainbowlady over 6 years ago

2b00435b fe24 44bb afe2 ad3364f28f79  1390710 10151917400148928 1193325941 n 1

Are you from the UK? Here in the US, I think we call courgettes, zuchinni. Anyways, try this out: Being fall/winter tomatoes are all out of season so I suggest using whole or diced canned tomatoes. For this recipe I will be using diced. Over med low, heat 3 tsbp olive oil in a large pot. Add 1 small diced yellow onion, 1 stalk celery, diced small and 1 carrot diced small, sweat for 10 minutes. Add small diced courgette, add one large pinch kosher salt, and sweat additional 8 minutes. Add 1 minced garlic clove, sweat 2 minutes, add 3 tbsp tomato paste, sweat for 5 minutes, add 2 cans of diced tomato, 1 can tomato sauce, and 4 cups water/ chicken broth. Add bay leaf, 1 pinch of each, dried thyme, dried oregano, dried basil, and dried rosemary. Bring to boil, reduce to simmer, simmer for 45 minutes, salt and pepper to taste. Blend for smooth consistency. Done.