🔕 🔔

what could I add to courgette for inside my canneloni? Meat and non meat option. Cheers

asked by @garethjphoto almost 7 years ago

67544da8 1862 4539 8ec8 2d9dfc2601bb  dsc 0122.nef 1

ricotta, or even fresh paneer cheese would go well..Courgettes pair well with Fennel & Nigella seeds, so adding some of those spices in really hot oil before sauteeing the courgettes along with some scallions, may be an option..

5f8d7fee 22ef 49ba a6b4 360299864c3e  n3ru8figt0zk0

Agree with Panfusine on ricotta, that would be my own first suggestion. Oregano and thyme are also good courgette[zucchini] herbs. For meat, sweet pork sausage.

496e3e21 39ca 4097 9452 893af2b65dbb  port2

Another option, meatless but delicious, would be to go in the direction of ratatouille, pairing your courgettes uup with small cubes of eggplant, pepper and onion. I'd also add thyme and oregano, as pierino suggested.

For something more sublime, you can add pieces of shrimp to the ratatouille filling, though chorizo is also a good one.

Hope it turns out well!