Parmesan cream sauce

Does anyone have a recipe for parmesan cream sauce? I had the best spinach/ricotta ravioli with that sauce and I'd like to try and recreate it. So good I wanted to lick the bowl. :)

Voted the Best Reply!

boulangere May 21, 2012

That sounds heavenly! I'd suggest a standard béchamel (there are several to look over here: http://www.food52.com/recipe...) with the addition of grated parmesan to suit your taste.

Rachel Sanders
Rachel Sanders May 21, 2012

I agree with the bechamel suggestion, but I also wanted to throw out pecorino fonduta (basically cream and finely grated pecorino simmered together in a saucepan until thickened with a little salt, white pepper, and nutmeg). It is richer than a bechamel, but very special when drizzled over pasta (and a little goes a long way)!

Rachel Sanders
Rachel Sanders May 21, 2012

Forgot to mention, adding a little Parmesan along with the pecorino amps up the cheese factor as well!

sexyLAMBCHOPx May 22, 2012

Some nutmeg would be great as well, IMHO.

Foodie in Iowa City

Thank you for both suggestions--I will try them both! I hadn't heard of the pecorino fonduta before...