Parmesan cream sauce

Does anyone have a recipe for parmesan cream sauce? I had the best spinach/ricotta ravioli with that sauce and I'd like to try and recreate it. So good I wanted to lick the bowl. :)

asked by Foodie in Iowa City over 6 years ago

Rachel Sanders

I agree with the bechamel suggestion, but I also wanted to throw out pecorino fonduta (basically cream and finely grated pecorino simmered together in a saucepan until thickened with a little salt, white pepper, and nutmeg). It is richer than a bechamel, but very special when drizzled over pasta (and a little goes a long way)!

Rachel Sanders

Forgot to mention, adding a little Parmesan along with the pecorino amps up the cheese factor as well!

Some nutmeg would be great as well, IMHO.

Foodie in Iowa City

Thank you for both suggestions--I will try them both! I hadn't heard of the pecorino fonduta before...