Summer Corn Chowder

http://www.food52.com/recipes.... While using fresh corn is obviously optimal - this would be perfect for an upcoming potluck and there's no fresh corn available. Has anyone tried good quality frozen corn and if so, what was the result? Thoughts?

asked by Foodelf over 6 years ago

bigpan

I've never had a problem using frozen corn (usually peaches-and-cream) in soups, stews, or any recipe with moisture.
Only you will know!

ChefOno

Agreed. Actually IQF corn can often be a better choice for the purpose, depending upon the quality of the "fresh" corn available.

a Whole Foods Market Customer

Frozen corn is practically as good as fresh, ESPECIALLY if it's going into a soup or chowder. I would just steer clear of canned.