🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Summer Squash Gratin with Salsa Verde and Gruyere

6964e69f 01ba 451a a05a 8238e0022ccd  060711f 592

I have a question about step 1 on the recipe "Summer Squash Gratin with Salsa Verde and Gruyere" from amanda. It says:

"Make the salsa verde. Using a mortar and pestle (or a food processor, I won't tell anyone), pound the herbs to a paste. You may have to do this in batches. Work in some of the olive oil, and transfer the mixture to a bowl. Pound the garlic and anchovy, and add them to the herbs." Can I substitute anchovy paste for the anchovy in the Salsa Verde?

asked by nickmush over 5 years ago

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

Yes, you can use 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste, no problem!

That's what I did, and it tasted great :)