🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Lemon Posset

Ef40e299 cdfc 4bd3 bb28 3c366b221a89  022310f 699

I have a question about the recipe "Lemon Posset" from mrslarkin. Would a dairy free substitute work such as: almond milk, coconut milk, or soy milk?

asked by Delightful Mess about 5 years ago

0bc70c8a e153 4431 a735 f23fb20dda68  sarah chef
Reiney

Sarah is a trusted source on General Cooking.

Not an expert on dairy-free cooking, but I think you'll really struggle - the setting is dependent on the acid reacting with milk proteins and fat (sort of like making homemade ricotta). I doubt it would even work with a milk instead of cream because of its lower fat content.

959cbed1 6d53 423b a801 4cdce9613645  open uri.13930

I did a cursory google search on some websites that specialize in dairy-free cooking. They all said that coconut milk is comparative to heavy cream. You could try it! Good luck!