A question about a recipe: Crusty Dinner Rolls

7a31e3cc 54cf 4fb3 87da 1455c2664f18  crusty dinner rolls.f52 test

I have a question about step 7 on the recipe "Crusty Dinner Rolls" from wssmom. It says:

"Brush tops of rolls with the cornstarch mixture. Using a sharp serrated knife, make a half-inch deep slash lengthwise across the top of each rolls. Bake at 375 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes." How much should I reduce the baking time if I make the rolls smaller?

asked by frappe3 over 6 years ago

chefsusie

I would begin by checking your buns at 15 minutes. If you have a thermometer you can expect that the bread should be done anywhere from 190F-200F. A dough that is very dense and heartier (rye whole wheat) would need a temperature of 215F. If the tops are browning to quickly, cover with foil. A recipe that includes milk would create a denser loaf. I would think 200F would produce a good product.