Whipping cream vs. heavy whipping cream?

What's the difference? And more importantly... I have a recipe calling for "whipping cream" but I didn't know there's 2 different types & I'm not sure which to get. Thoughts?

asked by Kt4 over 6 years ago

Kt4
Kt4

So I just happened across the 'heavy cream in ice cream' post. Of course it didn't come up when I searched the database lol. But I'm still not quite sure which my recipe wants... It's a really simple one for making caramels (not sauce).

ATG117

Either should work just fine. I think heavy whipping cream may have slightly more fat--you can check the labels. I actually usually opt for plain ol' heavy cream.

bigpan

Where I live whipping cream is around 35% fat. Heavy cream is about 35% fat.
Perhaps the confusion is due to what country the recipe is written and which term is most common there.