🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Roasted Rhubarb and Strawberries

Bb4e8eef dc90 4c9e be8c 132a20b2eff4  strawberry rhubarb

I have a question about the recipe "Roasted Rhubarb and Strawberries" from Ladystiles. Can I use this recipe and bake it in a pie for filling?

asked by KLL5 over 5 years ago

I'm thinking that if you're re-baking an already baked filling, it may dry out too much and reduce too far. If you really want to use this as a filling, perhaps it makes sense to blind bake the pie crust until it is almost cooked through, then add the roasted fruit to finish off the baking. I'm also thinking you could use the roasted fruit as a layer akin to jam and then top it with a cream cheese/ricotta mixture. I'm interested to see whether others have a different take.

Interesting ideas! I think baking and adding at end is a good idea. But what about baking it all together raw- like you would an apple pie?