🔕 🔔

Is there a specific name for oven safe bowls?

I have a recipe that requires to bake a soup (because it has bread on top) and the recipe calls for individual bowls that are oven safe. Is there a specific name for these? Where can I buy them?

asked by alexia1996 about 5 years ago

A9f88177 5a41 4b63 8669 9e72eb277c1a  waffle3

No disagreement with Sam except I think the word you're looking for is "ramekin", usually ceramic but sometimes glass bowls with a tolerance for high heat (ovens, broilers, brûlée torches). Any good kitchen store should stock a variety to meet the different requirements of the dishes prepared in them.

The traditional bowl for French onion soup has lion's heads for handles (see photo).

005d61d7 e347 4c4c 97af ca9f61f5bc84  lionhead