CSA Overload!

I have an overabundance of produce from my CSA and am trying to get creative with preserving, canning and freezing. This week's challenge = kohlrabi. : If I make a kohlrabi and cauliflower puree, can I freeze it?

asked by Burnt Offerings over 6 years ago

linzarella

Yes, it should freeze very well. Try packing it into sturdy freezer plastic bags, and pushing as much air as possible out before sealing. Another option is to pack it into a mason jar, being sure that it fills up very close (but not above) the line at the top of the jar, then pouring a thin layer of olive oil over the top to seal/protect it.

meganvt01

This isn't frees able but so awesome - I made with my CSA kale and kohlrabi - http://www.epicurious.com...

pagesinthesun

http://www.wholeliving.com/130818/kohlrabi-and-turnip-slaw I've made this many times. It even tastes better after a day in the fridge.

Reiney
Reiney

Sarah is a trusted source on General Cooking.

It makes a decent cream soup, too - if you make it up to the point before adding the cream and freeze it, you can add cream on defrosting (if desired).