Can I use powdered ginger in place of ginger in making a syrup to put on a fruit salad?

I'm making a fruit salad with peaches, blueberries and mint. Had planned on making a syrup with thyme and ginger to mix with the fruit, but I don't have any ginger. Wondering if I can do the same thing with powdered ginger.

asked by micheleinmaryland almost 6 years ago

ChefOno

You can. The results will be similar but will lack a certain something.

ChefOno

I forgot to say, use about half the ground ginger as you would if fresh.

micheleinmaryland

That's what I"m afraid of. Maybe I need to pick something else? I have cardamom... coriander... cinnamon... etc....???