🔕 🔔

Can I use powdered ginger in place of ginger in making a syrup to put on a fruit salad?

I'm making a fruit salad with peaches, blueberries and mint. Had planned on making a syrup with thyme and ginger to mix with the fruit, but I don't have any ginger. Wondering if I can do the same thing with powdered ginger.

asked by micheleinmaryland over 5 years ago

A9f88177 5a41 4b63 8669 9e72eb277c1a  waffle3

You can. The results will be similar but will lack a certain something.

I forgot to say, use about half the ground ginger as you would if fresh.

That's what I"m afraid of. Maybe I need to pick something else? I have cardamom... coriander... cinnamon... etc....???