🔕 🔔

with braising steak how long and what temp wd u cook it in oven? With stock and veg after browning first in pan?

asked by @1976owl about 5 years ago

A9f88177 5a41 4b63 8669 9e72eb277c1a  waffle3

The temperature isn't critical as the liquid will act as a regulator (it can't get above 212F while there's water in the pan). I usually braise at 300F although if you need the oven at a different temperature for some reason, you can vary that by 50 degrees without a problem.

Time depends upon what it is you're cooking. Give me a clue and I'll take a guess. Otherwise, (quoting Pierino) it's done when it's done -- two, two and a half hours, something like that.