A question about a recipe: Fig and Blue Cheese Savouries

I have a question about step 2 on the recipe "Fig and Blue Cheese Savouries" from TheRunawaySpoon. It says:

"Place the flour, butter, blue cheese and a few grinds of black pepper in the bowl of a food processor. Process until the dough just comes together and starts to form a ball.

" I don't have a food processor. Can I make this recipe? How should I mix the dough?

• Posted by: LCMiles
  • July 13, 2012
139fbc2a a6aa 4bed a036 2df768e3d391  2015 1109 thumbprint cookies bluecheese and fig preserves alpha smoot 267
Recipe question for: Fig and Blue Cheese Savouries

AmyRuth
AmyRuth July 13, 2012

I would think if you make sure the blue cheese is finely crumbled maybe with a fork break it all up you would be fine with a mixer. I've made these for ap's and they disappear. Scrumptious! Don't shy away just because you don't have a FP

Quinciferous
Quinciferous July 14, 2012

I would think you'd want to approach these like any pastries made without a food processor: cut the butter into the flour with your hands (rubbing tiny pieces of butter into the flour between your fingertips), with two knives, or with a pastry blender. Then cut in cheese. Or, even better, smoosh together the cheese and butter, chill the mixture, cut it into small pieces, then cut it into the dry ingredients.

And I agree with Amy Ruth -- these things are delicious and you should definitely make them!