🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Fig and Blue Cheese Savouries

139fbc2a a6aa 4bed a036 2df768e3d391  2015 1109 thumbprint cookies bluecheese and fig preserves alpha smoot 267

Can the dough for "Fig and Blue Cheese Savouries" be frozen for later use? If so, should I roll/cut and then freeze? Or perhaps just freeze as a log and slice, then bake? Thank you so much!! ;o)

dymnyno

When I made this recipe I rolled it into a log and then chilled it and cut off disks to make the savouries. I use the cheapest blue cheese, the kind that comes in crumbles in a plastic container, because it doesn't make the dough too sticky. Freezing works perfectly and I like to keep a log handy for drop in guests.

I love the frozen log method -- glad to know it works for this recipe!

Thanks so much! I am definitely going to put these in the queue. ;o)

Sigita

I use Maytag blue cheese and the flavor is amazing. I roll out the dough between wax paper- put in the freezer, cut out discs with a biscuit cutter and then if necessary pop the sheet with the cut outs in to the freezer for easier removal. Then I put the discs in a ziplock and keep them in the freezer til ready to use- parchment the cookie sheet and put the frozen discs out - they become soft very quickly and then I put the bit of fig jam on top. This way- you can use them a last minute appetizer. They look so pretty - I have made then in the log method as well. These are SOOO good.