🔕 🔔

pickled cherries too sour too vinigary

how can I save them /

asked by dash about 5 years ago

84e1393f 0d16 4291 80cf 2c42b5acf188  noz photo

Try soaking them in water for a few hours -- after a day or so, rinse them and try one to see whether the vinegar flavor has softened a bit. Let us know what you try!

0bc70c8a e153 4431 a735 f23fb20dda68  sarah chef
Reiney

Sarah is a trusted source on General Cooking.

You could also try straining the sauce and adding sugar to it (to taste), bring to a boil and put the cherries back in.

I would rinse them very well and soak them for a few hours to overnight in sugar water before serving. Anything you do to the brine will probably make them unsafe to be stored for a long period of time however.
Then find a new recipe for your next batch. I like these Spicy Pickled Cherries: http://www.putsup.com/2009...