I have some mascarpone cheese for an appetizer. Anyone gave recipes for something stuffed with it or a mascarpone tart? Or anything! Thanks!

Mascarpone appetizer

• Posted by: Bek
  • July 25, 2012

savorthis
savorthis July 26, 2012

I have mixed it with a bit of blue cheese to stuff inside dates. Then you precook some bacon (about halfway), cut in half, wrap dates then grill or broil. It is also good folded into polenta, or blend it with some sour cream and powdered sugar, spread on baked puff pastry and top with fruit... ?

maryvelasquez
maryvelasquez July 26, 2012

I've sauteed mushrooms and minced garlic in a little butter with salt and lots of freshly ground pepper. Once the mushrooms are cooked down, add a splash of cognac and cream and cook down a little. Let cool, add chopped chives. Blend this with the mascapone. It might become loose due to the heat. That's okay. Chill the mixture so it will be spreadable and serve on top of toasted baguette slices. It is very rich. A little goes a long way!

SeaJambon
SeaJambon July 27, 2012

Wow! Both of those sound yummy! Another super-easy -- spread it on baguette pieces, top with just about anything (sweet or savory jam; pieces of smoked fish or meat; ... ). Just make sure whatever you are topping with has enough flavor of its own that it doesn't get lost with the mascarpone. Or you can go sweet -- stir a little sugar and vanilla into the mascarpone and put on top of angel food cake with berries, or chocolate (awhile back someone posted a really awesome dessert that was pastry dough purses filled with pears and marscapone, baked and topped with chocolate... OH MY!! Made that one at home and everyone swooned!).

Bek
Bek December 5, 2012

Thanks! I am currently using your answer all the time. I really appreciate it :)

Kristen W.
Kristen W. July 27, 2012

Was just perusing the latest issue of Bon Appetite and saw a recipe for Plum and Mascarpone Pie. I remembered your question and thought I'd pass it on. I'm sure you can find it in Epicurious or the BA website.

Bek
Bek December 5, 2012

Sounds great. I have to try this and get back to you!

sexyLAMBCHOPx July 27, 2012

Gaida de Laurentis (sp?) uses marscarpone all the time. Check Food Network for some of her appetizers.

a Whole Foods Market Customer

Marscarpone is awesome when stirred into a little marinara sauce for pasta. It makes it creamy and delicious!

CarlaCooks
CarlaCooks July 28, 2012

This savory plum tart is a big hit, and not too difficult: http://www.food52.com/recipes...