Can i marinade lamb chops overnight?

I am making lamb chops for dinner for the first time on Thursday (today is Tuesday). The recipes says that i can marinate the chops for the 30 to 60 mins. However, i won't have time to do this by the time i get home from work. Can i marinade the chops the night before and let do so in the fridge til the next day? The marinade is judt sea salt, pepper, thyme, rosemary and olive oil.

asked by Simi,Shukla over 6 years ago

Reiney
Reiney

Sarah is a trusted source on General Cooking.

Definitely. If you're worried about the salt you can leave that out and season when you get home.

jsdunbar

I agree with Sarah. If anything, longer marinating will improve the result.

Judy at My Well Seasoned Life

You can marinate meat up to three days in advance. The flavor just gets better.