Tasty sauces/condiments for salmon burgers?

asked by briecheese almost 6 years ago

Rachel Sanders

I really like aioli, avocado and bacon on my salmon burgers, and I know a lot of people poo-poo iceberg lettuce, but i've had it with salmon it does offer a refreshing note and cut the richness of the fish. Another idea is to serve the burger with some sort of slaw on top that would additionally offer some bright flavors against the fish, especially one with lemon or lime juice and zest in the dressing.

I like the aioli idea. Maybe a lemony aioli and some roasted red peppers along with some mild arugula.

Tarragon

How about a tzatiki sauce?

Chef Lisa

I like wasabi mayo.

That's very good. I can see that with Sriracha sauce. And a slaw with lime and a touch of olive oil.

Hunter Williams

chimmichurri cut with some yogurt or a mild aioli or even mayo if it comes to it.

Kristen W.
Kristen W.

Kristen W. is a trusted home cook.

How about going the mustard route? A little mustard or mustard-based sauce, tomatoes, & a few sprigs of arugula. I love smoked salmon toasts done this way.