🔕 🔔

Excess canned salmon=made too many salmon burgers. Can I freeze them? If so, freeze them cooked or uncooked? Thanks!

asked by Eliana60 almost 6 years ago

62da2e3c 5d4a 4c43 a2ed feb7f39ad363  with ab

Since they're sold in the grocery, I'm sure you can freeze them! It probably will be helpful to freeze them individually on a sheet pan like you would fruit and then, once frozen, put them into a bag. Oh and I would definitely do it uncooked so you can freshly cook them when you're ready to eat them!

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

I agree with JessicaBakes but I would wrap each uncooked salmon cake in plastic wrap lay on sheet pan and freeze them before stacking in bag. I always like to double wrap anything I freeze.

Fd116375 451e 4017 948e fac0f670ad4b  100 0933

Thank you!

Yes, do freeze them raw. So as to prevent as much freezer burn as possible, I'd suggest wrapping each individually in plastic, then storing in a zip lock bag with as much air as possible pressed out of it. Lucky you - what a treasure to have in the freezer.