chicken skin

What can I do with the skin from four chicken thighs that I removed for a recipe that called for skinless chicken?

asked by linzarella almost 6 years ago

linzarella

Ooh, to answer my own question, I just found this recipe for a stone fruit salad with crispy chicken skin, which looks incredible!

http://www.nytimes.com...

Make tacos. http://www.simplyrecipes...

Bill F

Throw it away... It's chicken skin

BoulderGalinTokyo

Make Yakitori (chicken on skewers) chicken skin is often prepared this way.

Reiney
Reiney

Sarah is a trusted source on General Cooking.

Season it and bake between parchment with a pan on top (to flatten), until crispy. Use as a garnish in salads, soups, etc.

Render out the chicken fat (to use for roast potatoes/root veg's, classic chopped liver, etc.) Pour most of the fat into a glass jar and refrigerate. Add sliced onion to the remaining fat/skin in the pan and cook until it's all dark brown crunchy nubbins (what my grandmother called Gribenes.) Drain on paper and use to crumble like bacon over salad or vegetables, or with noodles or rice, or anything that needs its luscious factor boosted.

Dianemwj

I fry chicken skin in a non-stick pan until it has rendered all its fat, which I save (yum, schmaltz) then I cut up the crispy skin and the cats and I have a lttle treat.

Mlc1977

Chicken skin is the food of the gods! I don't think I would have removed it from the thighs to start with but any of the above suggestions that result in crispy chicken skin to nibble is prefect!