I made tomato confit (slow roasted tomatoes). A lot, more than what we can eat in a month. What is the best way to store these? Can I can them? Or freeze them?

asked by monkeymom about 8 years ago

I've frozen slow-roasted tomatoes with great success. Much easier than canning if you have room in your freezer.

healthierkitchen

I froze mine this year. I added a little extra olive oil to each bag (I did them in Ziplocs so they could all lie flat and stack) to make sure the tomatoes were covered. I am a canning chicken, but I think canning these could change the consistency.

I freeze mine, too, monkeymom. So good when you want to make tomato sauce in the fall and winter.

monkeymom

Thanks guys! Into the freezer they go!