🔕 🔔

I made tomato confit (slow roasted tomatoes). A lot, more than what we can eat in a month. What is the best way to store these? Can I can them? Or freeze them?

asked by monkeymom almost 7 years ago

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

I've frozen slow-roasted tomatoes with great success. Much easier than canning if you have room in your freezer.

549d9fb3 53ef 4170 b68e 8bae2e055be7  dsc 0048b

I froze mine this year. I added a little extra olive oil to each bag (I did them in Ziplocs so they could all lie flat and stack) to make sure the tomatoes were covered. I am a canning chicken, but I think canning these could change the consistency.

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

I freeze mine, too, monkeymom. So good when you want to make tomato sauce in the fall and winter.

9920059c c14d 4755 965d d880979c2f61  monkeys

Thanks guys! Into the freezer they go!