What is a substitute for eggs?

asked by cmag almost 6 years ago

beyondcelery

That very much depends on what you're making... Sometimes in muffins I can get away with subbing 15g ground flaxseeds and 2 Tbls hot water mixed together for 1 egg. It really depends on your recipe.

nutcakes

I use Ener-G egg replacer for a friend who has egg allergy. I have also made her banana bread without egg, but used 1/4 cup of extra banana or fruit puree. I have omitted egg wash.

chef of the future 2000

Egg beaters are also a good egg free substitute

nutcakes

NO! That is not a good substitute for egg for someone allergic. Eggbeaters are essentially colored egg white. Most people who are alergic to egg are alergic to the white part.

Amitha's Expression of Creativity

For baking you can do 1 Tablespoon of cornstarch to 2 to 3 Tablespoons of water. I have done it many times and works well