🔕 🔔

If you had some blueberry mint infused white wine vinegar, what would you do with it:? I have some that we made at our preserving potluck.

And I'd love to know your ideas. Thanks so much, everyone. ;o)

asked about 5 years ago

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

I'd probably mix it with simple syrup and seltzer to make a soda. I do love drinking vinegars!

Ad0d3623 a28a 4793 82a8 5f1ab0a2f633  dsc00426

Ha! I was going to say the same thing! That's my plan for my jar of blueberry vinegar. I wonder how it would be reduced down with some sugar and drizzled over panna cotta.

I'm immediately thinking salad dressing for any salad with a fruit component. I made a rice & quinoa salad with raspberries, coconut and toasted walnuts recently - it would be great with blueberries and a dressing made with your vinegar.
If it weren't for the mint (and if you had enough to play with) I'd be tempted to see what happened with using it as the vinegar in a Beurre Blanc

17f97055 6e2e 4df2 91be 48418c352788  stringio

It's funny, my first thought was how I'd love to clean with THAT vinegar! I can imagine my kitchen smelling like that!

I'd love to try it on a baby spinach salad topped with some complimentary fruits.

I recently had a marscapone cheese cake topped with strawberries and a balsamic glaze. I wonder how this would fair on such a dessert!

I 'third' the suggestion to make it into a soda. Sounds so refreshing!

7b500f1f 3219 4d49 8161 e2fc340b2798  flower bee

You could also use it to pickle some other fruit in the fridge overnight to serve as a condiment