🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Irish Brown Soda Bread

374d5f64 7061 4350 8951 324050758494  122010f 097

I have a question about the ingredient "1 1/4 cups all purpose flour, plus more for kneading and baking" on the recipe "Irish Brown Soda Bread" from merrill.

asked by eddyfdf about 5 years ago

I think the answer to your question, if I'm reading it correctly, is the additional flour is "bench flour" which you will need when kneading so the dough isn't sticking to the surface (you use it for your hands as well). For baking, the image shows a loaf sprinkled with still more flour. Hopefully Merrill will chime in herself.

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

Yes, pierino is right -- the extra flour is for kneading and dusting. The instructions for how to use it are within the recipe steps.