Last day! Take 20% off $150+ with code GOGOGIFTS. Go grant some wishes » details
Enter code GOGOGIFTS at checkout. Offer valid through 11:59pm ET 12/11/16. U.S. only. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.
🔕 🔔

Not a question, but something to share. i normally make my BBQ baby backs in the oven but wanted to do them so I did not have to watch them s

closely. I decided to use my crock pot but also did not want all the liquid that gets in the pot from condensation. To eliminate that I put 1/2 cup chicken broth in the pot, then the ribs cut down to fit the pot and rubbed with my homemade rub. To eliminate the excessive condensation I covered the crock with a clean terry cloth dish towel and placed the lid tightly on top. The ribs cooked for 12 hours on low. I placed them on a rimmed cookie sheet after removing from the pot and glazed them in the oven with my favorite commercial BBQ sauce and in about 10 minutes at 3 75 they were glazed perfectly.

I am going to try BBQ chicken using the same "towel" method and see if it comes out equally well.

asked by Elaine Ruth over 4 years ago
092efd1a f34b 461d 89b1 f3e76e0ce940  dsc 0028

Thank you for sharing your new technique!