yeast pie crust? Recipe please...

I need a recipe for a 'yeast pie crust' for an Onion pie from Quebec. All I can think is pizza pie crust, or is it supposed to be sweeter? Maybe French? Googling didn't show much. Any comments or suggestions welcome!

Lindsay-Jean Hard October 2, 2012

You might have already come across these in your search, but I found a couple options that could work:
http://www.cooks.com/rec...
http://versatilekitchen.blogspot.com/2011/12/savory-onion-apple-galette-with-yeast.html

Maedl October 2, 2012

A yeast base is often used with the onion cake (Zwiebelkuchen) made in the Schwäbisch region in southwestern Germany. This recipe looks good to me--just about the way my grandmother made Zwiebelkuchen, although the finished cake should browner and more golden than the one shown in the photo. At any rate, you can use the recipe for the crust for your own version.

BoulderGalinTokyo
BoulderGalinTokyo December 7, 2012

Lindsay-Jean thank you for your suggestion, looks like enough crust for 2 pies.

And Maedl, you use the word onion CAKE, which is also an interesting suggestion. I will try them both,
thank you very much.

Maedl December 7, 2012

The onion cake isn’t sweet--it is a savory dish, often served with Federweisse, the new wine that appears in September and October. It is definitely worth trying, though--at any time of the year. It would go well with a Riesling or Gewürztraminer!

BoulderGalinTokyo
BoulderGalinTokyo December 7, 2012

Maedl, I thought the texture was cake but taste was savory-- that's why I found it very appealing! And thank you for your wine suggestions--very nice to have an experienced suggestion!