🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: French Onion Tart

Da88f425 8754 4711 ad72 c5a387871f37  food52 10 02 12 0686

I have a question about the recipe "French Onion Tart" from Jennifer Perillo. Is there are a reason why a springform pan must be used?

asked by suekl70 over 5 years ago

la domestique

It's easier and prettier to present a tart when it's baked in a springform pan, but I don't happen to have one, so I always use my porcelain quiche/tart dish. If you grease and flour the pan the tart should slice and come out with ease.
http://www.surlatable.com...

Genius Recipes

This recipe is very forgiving -- just about any tart, cake, or pie pan would probably work! As you can see in the photo, we used a copper pan (which I think is meant for tarte tatin) -- it worked beautifully.

walkie74

I'm going to list a couple of questions that other people have had in the hopes of getting some answers too:

Can you substitute white flour for wheat?

Is cake flour the same as pastry flour?

Do we have to use seltzer?

What's a good substitute for sherry?

I'm guessing the cheese isn't mandatory?

Thanks in advance!

-- flat Dr. Pepper.

Oops, the comment from Genius Recipes above was actually from me (gets me every time) -- I'll go answer these questions on the recipe page. Thanks for alerting us!

walkie74

Dude!!! That is... genius!!

Oh, wait... that was the point... never mind :)