A question about a recipe: Chicken , Sausage and Red Pepper Paella

Eba02396 b1d2 4a0f a2dc b0858827e927  chicken sausauge and rd pepper paella

I have a question about the ingredient "aleppo pepper" on the recipe "Chicken , Sausage and Red Pepper Paella " from thirschfeld. Is there a possible substitution for this?

asked by nickstrate about 6 years ago

Sure. You can just use crushed red pepper flakes, but scale back by half to start as even the milder California versions tend to be a bit spicier than aleppo in my experience. It's much easier to add more heat than to take it away!

Kenzi Wilbur

There is! You can substitute with four parts sweet paprika and one part cayenne pepper.