🔕 🔔

leftover rice

I am making scallops w/ mushrooms and asparagus. I have some leftover white jasmine rice from dinner last night...what should I do to it to serve it tonight?

asked by Madame Sel about 4 years ago
0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

Cold rice leftover rice is perfect for fried rice...with peas and carrots.

Tho you could re-steam it with some veggies and add some lemon zest--which might pare better with your main course.

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

I had leftover brown rice tonight and stir fried it with vegetables and served it with roast chicken.

02f22b8a 686b 4df5 83fe 7fbe5253f5da  sarah 107

I like to re-steam it and serve it as is. Once I start eating I mix it with whatever sauce my main dish has produced. Sauté those mushrooms with some butter or olive oil to make a quick little mushroom gravy.

35e442f7 20c2 4bbc 8b8a 78283ae7e451  img 0924

In South India, where we consume loads and loads of rice, leftover rice is commonly rehashed to be eaten again later.
- You could make lemon rice by flavouring some hot oil with mustard seeds, red chilli, turmeric, peanuts and lots of lemon juice and mixing this in with the rice. Tastes great with fried fish.
- Another very popular way of renewing it is to made curd rice - Mix in milk and yoghurt that have been whisked together, heat a little oil in a wok, throw in a some mustard seeds, finely chopped ginger, green chillies and curry leaves and then the rice-curd mixture. Heat without letting the mixture boil (it will split if you boil it) and serve with poppadom.
- Leftover rice stir fried with scrambled egg/flaked fish, pepper and salt takes great too.
- On my blog, I have one of our latest favourites - Pear and Bacon fried rice. http://bombaychowparty...