🔕 🔔

What is a good and healthy drink or snack that I can make and bring to the office on a cold fall day?

Alcohol is optional. Something deceptively healthy would be awesome because we have engineers who won't touch anything green or remotely good for you =/ Anything that would get both the health nuts and the couch potatoes excited would be perfect!

asked by perpetuallyhungry about 4 years ago
84e1393f 0d16 4291 80cf 2c42b5acf188  noz photo

What about spiked cider? We have a couple on the site:

Apple and cheddar crostini would be a great fall treat. We also had apples dipped in good goat's milk caramel earlier today -- I definitely recommend that as a grown-up snack!

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

Spanakopita. Philo stuffed with spinach and feta cheese.
Here's another one that holds up amazing well for transport and room temp.
Just bring the meatballs and grapes in tupperware--a box of toothpicks, a container of the yogurt sauce and large plate. Assembly is quick--spear a grape, spear a meatball and put on the plate that's covered with yogurt sauce. I guess you could nuke at 1/2 power slowly....for a min to warm the meatballs/grapes before serving. It's very, very good.
Those aren't specifically cold weather stuff, most of those are high sugar, fat, starch etc.
How about homemade granola bars with honey, oats, dried fruits (apricots, apples, raisins). Or pecan pie, (lots of sugar there tho), a 'mincemeat' pie (again with the sugar--unless you do 'real' mincemeat with beef, lamb, spices..instead of the British 'Christmas' type mincemeat.

One favorite drink in winter is hot chocolate spiked with peppermint schnapps, which is a negative 5 on the 'healthy scale'. But dang good.

C8ffa92e 3766 46b4 8290 dbef5c382a03  james joyce 1

I go to my breakfast cooking job with a large can of spicy V8. No alcohol. Bad match when you are standing around fire all morning.