Canning advice

I'd like to can a couple of small jars of this: http://www.food52.com/recipes... to keep on hand for hostess gifts and cheese plates for the holidays. I've canned regular jam recipes with a water bath in past, and that's what I'd like to do with this since I don't have a pressure cooker. Does it seem like it would be safe?

Greenstuff October 13, 2012

Sorry, but with no sugar, only the smallest amount of vinegar plus some olive oil, I'd say absolutely not.

hardlikearmour October 13, 2012

Thanks! I had a feeling that would be the case.

SeaJambon
SeaJambon October 13, 2012

There's no reason, however, that you can't go through the whole water bath/good seal process and then store in the fridge (or even the freezer) until time to give out (with a note that it is to be kept in the fridge). I have no idea how long this would keep in the fridge, but I suspect it would be a decent amount of time

hardlikearmour October 13, 2012

That's an interesting idea. I may give it a whirl.

Diana B
Diana B October 13, 2012

Be sure you wipe the rims very well with a cloth dipped in vinegar so you're sure the oil doesn't interfere with the seal.