🔕 🔔

Forlorn and cheeseless...

So I have at last entered the exalted ranks of cooks who have dared the curdles and jumped the hurdles, and made their very own cheese. Now, two days later, 'cheese all gone'. Like being given three scoops of your favorite ice cream and told you have only 10 minutes to eat it. Surely there's a better way. More salt? Citric acid? Smoking? Is there any way (besides the freezer) to preserve my hard-won mozz for more than a few days?

asked by iamadesertcreature about 5 years ago

You can definitely smoke mozzarella--it's lush, but I don't know that your cheese will last any longer due to the increased noshing. CHOW might give you a place to start: http://www.chow.com/recipes...