🔕 🔔

What is the difference between cake flour and regular flour? Can they be used interchangeably in recipes? Thank you for sharing your knowle

asked by see about 5 years ago

If you only have AP flour, use 1-2 tablespoons of a pure starch (corn starch, potato starch) in your cup when filling the cup with AP flour.

F83774ec c18a 46a4 8dff 00877f15aed6  image
Kristen W.

Kristen W. is a trusted home cook.

Rachel, I am by no means a baking expert, but due to a chronic moth problem (and a crowded fridge) I've kept AP flour in the freezer and it seems to keep there for a VERY long time.

82bc15be d3cf 410a 9b82 665e7b26bd26  1081
Stephanie Bourgeois

Stephanie is the Head Recipe Tester of Food52.

Stored in the pantry, flour lasts about a year (though whole wheat flours will go rancid sooner than that). I've never had a bag of flour in the freezer go bad before I could use it all.