What is the difference between cake flour and regular flour? Can they be used interchangeably in recipes? Thank you for sharing your knowle

asked by see over 5 years ago

The Spiced Life

If you only have AP flour, use 1-2 tablespoons of a pure starch (corn starch, potato starch) in your cup when filling the cup with AP flour.

Kristen W.
Kristen W.

Kristen W. is a trusted home cook.

Rachel, I am by no means a baking expert, but due to a chronic moth problem (and a crowded fridge) I've kept AP flour in the freezer and it seems to keep there for a VERY long time.

Stephanie Bourgeois
Stephanie Bourgeois

Stephanie is the Head Recipe Tester of Food52.

Stored in the pantry, flour lasts about a year (though whole wheat flours will go rancid sooner than that). I've never had a bag of flour in the freezer go bad before I could use it all.