I have a black bean soup recipe calling for "nutritional yeast". What is that and what will it add to my soup?

asked by Anne Minton about 6 years ago

a Whole Foods Market Customer

Yes, it has a cheese- like flavor and unlike Brewer's yeast, contains the vitamin B 12 which is found mostly in meat and dairy,which vegans don't consume and vegetarians may not get enough of. I use it as a topping on my salads, too.

darksideofthespoon

I love nutritional yeast - especially on popcorn. It has a ton of B vitamins in it and does have a very cheesy, buttery taste. You can find it at health food stores, mostly.

FutureChef

Whole foods usually has it in their 'bulk' section. I love it too!

chasey

You will LOVE it. It's SO good. Lots and lots of vitamins and minerals. A super food. Don't skip it and definitely try it on popcorn as well as in a vegan mac and cheese recipe. Oh my gush! So good. Enjoy.