🔕 🔔

I have a black bean soup recipe calling for "nutritional yeast". What is that and what will it add to my soup?

asked by Anne Minton over 5 years ago

Wholefoods user icon

Yes, it has a cheese- like flavor and unlike Brewer's yeast, contains the vitamin B 12 which is found mostly in meat and dairy,which vegans don't consume and vegetarians may not get enough of. I use it as a topping on my salads, too.

9a61d3c7 2821 4579 8601 c61c43d1c19f  img 0472

I love nutritional yeast - especially on popcorn. It has a ton of B vitamins in it and does have a very cheesy, buttery taste. You can find it at health food stores, mostly.

Whole foods usually has it in their 'bulk' section. I love it too!

035a52fc e796 44bc bbe0 fcc2808e063d  open uri20150319 15338 1uqsaq2

You will LOVE it. It's SO good. Lots and lots of vitamins and minerals. A super food. Don't skip it and definitely try it on popcorn as well as in a vegan mac and cheese recipe. Oh my gush! So good. Enjoy.