A question about a recipe: Deb Perelman's Mushroom Bourguignon

D6ca4718 ac67 487b b780 1f697a8e2868  mushroombourguignon2

I have a question about the recipe "Deb Perelman's Mushroom Bourguignon" from Genius Recipes. Yum! This sounds wonderful. Making this very soon--one question, what do you all think about incorporating some eggplant? Sacrilege? Or savory? If so, where/how would you do this? There are two very lonely little eggplants in my fridge that need a home before they get bitter(er).

asked by yeast lady about 6 years ago

Interesting idea -- I don't think it would be bad, just a little non-traditional. Unless you think they're likely to be bitter, in which case you might be sad you tainted the bourguignon with them. I would sear them at the beginning along with the mushrooms and onions.

This sauce is my favorite use for eggplant to date, by the way: http://food52.com/recipes...

yeast lady

Many thanks! We'll see how it goes.