A question about a recipe: Spatchcocked Roast Turkey

I have a question about step 6 on the recipe "Spatchcocked Roast Turkey" from AntoniaJames. It says:

"Put the turkey into a large plastic bag, with the two back edges together, so that it looks rather like it did before you removed the backbone. Squeeze out as much air as you can from the bag, and secure it shut. Then, sit the turkey in the bag, breast side up, in a large bowl. Put it in the fridge for three days, rubbing the salt into the skin gently every day, and turning it upside down in the bowl 24 hours before you plan to cook the bird. (I strongly recommend using a bowl because, no matter how good your re-sealable bag may seem, it’s likely to leak. So let it leak into the bowl, and not into your vegetable drawer.)" If I can't get my turkey until Monday afternoon, is a two day brine long enough to acquire the results of a moist and flavorful turkey?

• 1 Comment
D685e37d f6fc 4387 b6e4 383bd1b05ee1  food52 11 06 12 0700
Recipe question for: Spatchcocked Roast Turkey

1 Comment

fredcipes
fredcipes November 16, 2012

Check this out first, you may decide NOT to brine: http://tinyurl.com/bp4wtua